Sunday 28 July 2024

'A Good Old Rumor! and other stories' - An Excerpt

  Dear friends,

                        Have you ever come across a rumor? Have you ever realised what havoc a rumor can play in one's life? Have you ever spread a rumor, just for fun or out of pure malice? How was the experience?

                        My book, a collection of slice-of-life stories deals with rumors and a lot more! A Kindle Countdown Deal will be on from 25th  to 31st July, 2024 for my ebook 'A Good Old Rumor! and other stories' at www.amazon.com. This ebook will be available for just $1.99. 

                        Now this is NOT a rumor! Ha ha!

                        So hurry! Kindly consider purchasing an ebook. Read and review it and post your invaluable review at www.amazon.com. Eagerly awaiting your honest feedback!

                       Thanks in anticipation.

                       Priya 😁😃


Collage created with the help of Canva, by me! Hope you like it!

An Excerpt from the short story "Alan Great"

       Now where was I? Yeah, in Calcutta. My father was an officer with the British cavalry there. Tall, tanned and handsome. You should’ve seen him in his breeches, astride his stallion, The Stud. An apt title for him too! He liked to hold forth on all his experiences, wild and otherwise, in the Calcutta Club, every evening. It was as if he did things just so that he could extol them later!

      But weren’t you supposed to talk about yourself?

      Again interruption! (Wildly) Now I’m just going to leave. I can’t take it any more. When Alan Great talks, no one else does!

      Audience (meekly) Sorry again. Now we’ll behave ourselves.

     (Grumpily) O.K. One last chance.

      Now where was I? Yeah, in the Club. I was just a toddler then. I literally grew up in the Club. As a young lad of 10, I was pretty and charming. Fair, blonde and pink all over. I had my father’s teak-brown eyes. You see, my Dad Partho Mujumdar had married a ravishing British girl Suzie, my Mom. They were a handsome couple, the talk of the town. The life of parties! He was a devoted soldier and she was a devoted socialite. My days were spent in a Convent, on a pony and in the Club. Happy days they were!

      I’m seeing that you all are getting restless. Hold your horses! Ha, ha, pun intended!

      So, things were pretty hunky-dory till I was 15.

End of the Excerpt

Intrigued? Want to find out what happens next? Hurry and buy a copy and settle down for a delightful reading session. Please don't forget to post your invaluable review online at Amazon. Thanks in advance. Priya



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/38135747-a-good-old-rumor-other-stories#CommunityReviews

This book has received a 3 star rating at Goodreads.com. The book's cover has been changed by me. The old cover is visible at this site. Here's the link:

A Good Old Rumor! & other stories: Just spicing it up.....

Welcome to the world of renowned author, Shweta; winning jockey, Manglu; fading superstar, Suraj Kumar; ailing model, Seema; wannabe actor, Aishwarya; obsessive patient, Alan; greedy son, Biju; repentant mother, Mira; and a vengeful father’s spirit! Read this collection of pithy stories and find out how they deal with life-altering situations! Save your reactions for your invaluable reviews! Happy reading, folks!

138 pages, Kindle Edition

Published June 17, 2017

The copyright of this book is with Mrs. Priya Ramesh Swaminathan.

No comments:

Post a Comment