Tuesday 6 January 2015

The Journey Beyond



As my soul soars, higher and higher
I look down below, amused,
At all the mourners crying, wailing
Some genuine, some fake
Crying for pretense’s sake!
          My journey into the realm yonder
          Has only just begun!
          I think of my life, its ups and downs
          My near and dear ones
          My friends, my comrades;
          Still strapping bombs to their bodies
          Fired by, what I now rue,
          False, misled ideology
Tomorrow, their limbs will probably lie askew,
Ripped apart by fanaticism;
As mine lay, just hours ago!
          Was it worth it?  I ask myself,
          Being a pawn of zealots
          Who have nothing to lose, but a bomb?
Mine will not be a revered tomb
But only an unpleasant reminder
Of inhuman deeds, avoidable tragedies
Of a life wasted, chasing an illusion!
**********************************************************************************
The copyright of this poem is with Mrs. Priya  Ramesh Swaminathan.

No comments:

Post a Comment