Monday 5 April 2021

To Dad, With Love!

 


My friend, philosopher and guide

You were always there by my side

Between us there was nothing to hide

Life had been such a smooth ride!

     At times a friend, at times a brother,

     Even a mother, weren’t you dear father?

     Like you there can be none other

     I can vouch for that, my dear father!

Easy-going and fun-loving you’d always been

Principles and values like yours, I’ve never seen

Never strict even when I was a teen,

Your countenance was ever so serene!

     You always took things easily in your stride

     By honesty, patience and faith, you'd always abide.

     You were the best father, I say with pride

     Always my friend, philosopher and guide!

The copyright of this poem is with Mrs. Priya Ramesh Swaminathan.

My beloved father recently passed away. It breaks my heart to change all the present tenses in this poem to the past. 

Dear Anna,

We three siblings will always cherish your fond memories. May your soul rest in eternal peace and may you always be our guardian angel! Along with beloved Amma!

Priya

No comments:

Post a Comment