Friday 2 July 2021

Wow! Wrong Number - An Excerpt

 Excerpt from the story Neighbors in a New City, from my book titled Wow! Wrong Number.

         “You’re so beautiful, Sumedha.  Just like a rose.  Here, I have one for you,” so saying, he thrust a beautiful red rose in front of her face. 

         “You’re disturbing me Sir, please go away” she said through clenched teeth, barely able to contain her rising anger.

          “You’re insulting me Sumedha” he said angrily, his jaw rigid with frustration.  “Just who did she think she was?  The Queen of Sheba?”

         “I have had enough of your lecherous comments and innuendoes.  Please leave me alone, or else I’ll inform my husband and your wife about your unacceptable behavior.”

         “Go ahead.  Let’s see who will believe you!  My wife?  Not a chance.  Your hubby?  No way.  There is no way you’ll even dare to tell him about me.  I know that the tables will turn on you only!”

         Trust him to know how a male would react to such news!  They all were equally obnoxious.  It still was a man’s world! 

   End of Excerpt



A Kindle Countdown Deal is on from 29th June to 6th July 2021 for my ebook titled Wow! Wrong Number at www.amazon.com. It will be available for just $0.99. Do purchase it and enjoy reading all the entertaining slice-of-life stories! I look forward eagerly to your invaluable feedback! Thanks in anticipation. Priya

No comments:

Post a Comment