Thursday 6 April 2023

KCD - You Compromise, I Won't! -

                                            Kindle Countdown Deal - You Compromise, I Won't!

My e-book, a collection of engrossing, slice-of-life stories is now available for only $0.99 at www.amazon.com till the 8th of April, 2023. Hurry! Only 2 days left! Kindly consider purchasing and perusing it. Also don't forget to post your invaluable reviews at Amazon. Thanks in anticipation. Priyaa


How Kimaya Devi Lost an Election! - An Excerpt

“And what can I do for you, Madam?”
“I wish to contest the Assembly elections as an independent candidate. I don’t know how to go about it. Will you help me?”
“Anything for you Madam,” he smiled meaningfully. She ignored his sly smile and continued, “I mean that I want you to take me under your wing and train me for the same. I’ll be ever-grateful to you.”
“I’ll teach you the ropes, Madam. But first let me inform you that it’ll be better if you contest for an established party, instead of contesting as an independent candidate. Your chances of winning will be better, as that party will throw all its money and muscle power behind your candidature. You’ll not have the tension of raising funds, or the headache of gathering resources and man-power. It’ll all be made readily available to you. Of course, you’ll be expected to toe its line, but you may function independently within the ambit of your vested powers. Once you learn the ropes, the sky will be the limit for you. Who knows, you may be the next CM…! ”
“Oh, come, come, Sir, please don’t show me such far-away dreams. First things first! How do we start? I agree that contesting for a recognised party symbol will give me more leverage. I’m sure that you’ll want me to go with your party, isn’t it?”
“Right, young lady. I must say that you are very sharp. You’ll definitely go far.” His broad and square-jawed face creased into an ingratiating grin. He straightened the creases of his starched white pyjamas and kurta, as if to draw her attention to his massive frame. He self-consciously touched his bald and oily pate and smoothed the sparse grey hair at the back of his head.

End of Excerpt

(The copyright of this book is with Mrs. Priya Ramesh Swaminathan.)

Intrigued? Can't wait to find out what happens next? Hurry! Purchase the e-book and enjoy your delightful reading session.... Only 2 days left for the discount to end....

B
Do read Vijay Singh, my student's review, of this book; on this blog.

Blog-post dated 23rd July, 2017
( I was pleasantly surprised when he dropped in one day and presented me with a copy of this book that he had purchased!



Here's his review:

Priya Ma’am,

“What a creative and thoughtful book 'You compromise, I won’t! - No right or wrong' I love it! You apply words so appropriately in the sentence.”

Till now I have got only 1 book from your wonderful collection. It took 20 days to deliver on my address.

Just now I finished your wonderful book "No right or wrong…" It’s an awesome collection of stories. Just loved it!

Feeling happy while reading all stories line by line. Still thinking how beautifully you have placed some unknown words for me, which forced me to take out the dictionary.

Trying to learn some clues from your published book and learn these skills from you Ma'am.
It’s amazing! The way you explain the incidents with your magical words, it’s beautiful and motivating to read the whole book ceaselessly.

My review is Perfect blend of innovation & contemporary issues. Ma'am is an inspiring writer.

Thanks a lot.
Regards,
Vijay

(Thanks Vijay, for your kind words and appreciation. You are also a wonderful and promising writer, so I take your review of my novel as a huge compliment! - Priya Swaminathan)


No comments:

Post a Comment