Saturday 24 August 2013

Silence

SILENCE 

When words fail me, I prefer silence.
 
 When I’m sad, hurt or angry, I am silent. 

 When irrational words clamor for my attention, 

 Silence quiets me, calms me and soothes me. 

 Isn’t it better to be silent and meaningful, than to be raucous and vacuous? 

 When I disagree, I’m cautiously silent. 

 When I’m lonely, I’m pensively silent. 

 When I don’t want to disclose secrets, I am zealously silent.
 
 When I’ve an ace up my sleeve, I’m triumphantly silent.

 When I’m up to some mischief, I’m gleefully silent. 

 When I’ve had enough of anything, my silence screams. 

 For me silence is a mike, a brake, a lever, a pulley, an anchor 

 It steers me out of awkward situations 

 Helps me ignore the vicious insinuations 

 Makes me get the most and the best out of life!

*************************************************************** 

 The copyright of this poem is with Mrs. Priya Ramesh Swaminathan.

1 comment: