Sunday 25 August 2013

My entry in the photo-contest/exhibition organized by MSBB

"Divine beauty, Rare bounty!"
I participated in the photography contest organized by the Maharashtra State Biodiversity Board (MSBB). All the entries were displayed in a splendid exhibition at the Pandit Bhimsen Joshi Art Gallery at Sahakarnagar in Pune; on 22nd May, 2013. This exhibition will be traveling all over Maharashtra State in India.
My entry was that of an exotic, rare bloom, the Brahmakamal, which flowers in a pot on my apartment's terrace. It grows directly out of a leaf. This flower has a mild fragrance and only flowers in the rainy season. It blooms at night and withers in the morning. It shows how beauty can be so transient, yet so delightful to behold! Yes, beauty may fade but its memories last forever, constantly giving joy.
It reminds me of the saying that my paternal grand-father used to make me recite everyday,as a child;"An ideal life is to grow as a flower grows!" The caption for my photo was "Divine beauty, Rare bounty!"
I am posting that photo for your pleasurable viewing.

The copyright for this write-up and photograph is with Mrs.Priya Ramesh Swaminathan

No comments:

Post a Comment