Thursday 10 October 2013

Lazy Bone!

I make no bones about being lazy
I just love sleeping, smug and cozy!
I wake up at mid-day and have bed-tea
I skip bathing for days on end!
I like my hair long and can live in a thong!
I don’t crave money, fame, anything
But just wish to laze around, all day long!
I will not work to save my life
Hence no gal’s willing to be my wife
I don’t care, I don’t bother
Who’ll make kids and even look after them, brother?
For, I don’t even look after myself
Fend for others? Not by a long tether!
When I die, it’ll be a long journey to my grave
Never mind, I’ll just be deathly-still
My pall-bearers will swallow the bitter pill!
You bet, I’ll die a ‘lazy bone’
Hence, for once I’ll be brave!
Now, you can start digging my grave!
*****************************************************************************
The copyright of this poem is with Mrs. Priya Ramesh Swaminathan

**************************************************************************************
Kindly read the story titled 'The lonely old man' in my blog dedicated to stories. Did you like it? Please let me know....

No comments:

Post a Comment