Sunday 23 February 2014

Polio Eradication



While everyone walks, I waddle
I got polio when I could barely toddle
I wish I’d got polio drops instead of a cuddle
Then instead of a whine, I’d give a loud yoddle!

      My world is always, oh so unsteady
      I need a crutch or a boot to keep me steady
      I can’t participate in a race and hear, ready-steady
      I’m tired, angry and frustrated already!

But I know, I’ll never give up
I’ll slog and learn and never put my feet up
I’ll be independent, self-reliant, earn my lunch and sup
With the whole world’s happiness, I’ll fill my cup!

     I’ll campaign for eradication of polio
     From now on, that will be my portfolio!
***********************************************************************************
The copyright of this poem is with Mrs. Priya Ramesh Swaminathan.

No comments:

Post a Comment