Monday 17 March 2014

My Luck! Just in Jest!


I like to try my luck;
In a pack of cards
I always land a duck,
When luck gives me a miss by yards!
I itch to place my bet,
On a winning race horse.
When my victory is sure set
All but mine race ahead; and fill me with remorse!
I always toss a coin,
Say “Heads I win, tails I lose”
And the paupers I join,
‘cause, tails it is; I’m always bound to lose!
I then decide to never try my luck
And leave all cards, horses and coins aside!
When my friends say, you suck,
I toss all my resolutions aside!
******************************************************************************
Note: I'm not superstitious. I just prefer writing in the 'first person' mode.
******************************************************************************
The copyright of this poem is with Mrs.Priya Ramesh Swaminathan.

No comments:

Post a Comment