Monday 23 June 2014

Advertisement


I scream, I shout, I wail, I appeal
I croak myself hoarse
I whoop with joy
I call out, I implore, I plead
For everything, I think you need,
You desire, you may want
To satiate your greed
Whet your appetite
Appeal to your senses.
Drive you to a splurging spree
Degree by degree
Make you buy things you don’t need
And will probably never use
I make sure I’m heard
I want you to notice me, heed my suggestion
Take impulsive, instantaneous action
I cajole, coax, coerce;
In the aftermath, leave you to ‘lonely remorse’!
With your empty purse!
Though supremely satiated, of course!
Don’t buy me?
No one can do without me!
*********************************************************************************
The copyright of this poem is with Mrs.Priya Ramesh Swaminathan.

No comments:

Post a Comment