Saturday 20 June 2015

To Dad, with Love

Anna-My friend, philosopher and guide!


My friend, philosopher and guide
You are always there by my side
Between us there is nothing to hide
Life has been such a smooth ride!
    
     At times a friend, at times a brother,
     Even a mother, weren’t you dear father?
     Like you there can be none other
     I can vouch for that, my dear father!

Easy-going and fun-loving you’ve always been
Principles and values like yours, I’ve never seen
Never strict even when I was a teen,
Your countenance is ever so serene!
                                                                                        
                                                                                         You always take things easily in your stride
                                                                                         By honesty, patience and faith, you always abide.
                                                                                         You are the best father, I say with pride
                                                                                         Always my friend, philosopher and guide!

 Wish you a Very Happy Father's Day, Anna! Have a rocking day!
                                                                                                                  Priya
*************************************************************************************
The copyright of this poem is with Mrs. Priya Ramesh Swaminathan.

No comments:

Post a Comment