Thursday 31 August 2023

A Relationship of Trust - L.I.C of India, 1st September, 2023

      Today is L.I.C of India's 67th Anniversary. It is also 26 years since it has broken our trust in the Corporation by betraying us, resigning ex-employees. The Corporation has been wilfully, illegally, arbitrarily and unconstitutionally repudiating the arrears payments due on wage revision; to its resigning ex-employees, since 1997. 

     These payments are applicable to all employees of the Corporation as a class of employees; as per the Supreme Courts directives.  

     Despite a Supreme Court ruling that states that L.I.C cannot create two different classes of employees for the above-mentioned payments, one that is eligible to receive and the other ineligible to receive; the unscrupulous Corporation does just that, during every Charter that is announced for Wage Revision.

     It does so, through a clause which has been declared as 'ultra vires' (unconstitutional) by the Supreme Court in 2007. Thus it acts in a "Contempt of Court" manner, brazenly defying the laws of our nation.

     I have recently written a letter to the Prime Minister of India, Sri Narendra Modiji to ensure that we get justice. We should be given our dues with compound interest. I haven't yet received any reply for that letter sent by Registered A.D. Nor have I received any confirmation regarding receipt of my email that I sent as a reminder to him as well as the P.M.O's office.

     It is dejavu for me again, after my long R.T.I struggle to get replies from the Corporation regarding its wrongdoings and getting insincere, half-baked replies to only 3 out of my 21 questions. The same Corporation that rattles off statistics about its growth and performance on various parameters, at the drop of a hat; curiously evaded giving me replies to basic questions such as the total number of employees whose arrears had been repudiated as well as the huge amounts repudiated illegally since 1st August, 1997. No reason exists on its records, for such repudiation! So it is arbitrary.

     So the Central Government's silence proves that those whom we rely on for justice, will keep on betraying us or ignoring us as if we don't exist at all! 

     I hope that the Honorable Prime Minister, with his usual "Can Do" attitude, has set things rolling for our payments...

    It is downright shameful when L.I.C of India claims today that "Trust is the foundation of any relationship... On our 67th Foundation Day, we thank you all for trusting us at every stage of your life and giving us the responsibility to protect and fulfil your dreams," yet keeps vital information and our legally rightful dues out of our reach! Doesn't it have any responsibility toward us? The fact that it is a premier government owned life insurance company, makes its cavalier attitude more unwarranted.

    All of us had also worked for many years in the Corporation to just be deprived of our dues when we needed them the most. I had worked sincerely for 18.5 years. 

    We, the long-suffering, resigning ex-employees of L.I.C of India request the Managing Board of Directors to kindly take a wise and just decision to pay us all our dues with compound interest and then make such tall statements of platitude. Or else this day will always remind us of our tremendous loss and the Corporation's unscrupulous gain at our expense!

     "Ek Atoot Rishta Bharose Ka" shouldn't just remain in print, in an advertisement in The Times of India, but should be implemented in actual practice!

      Kindly reinstate our trust in L.I.C of India.

      For those of you who would like to have all details regarding my lone crusade since 2010, for justice for myself as well as others sailing in the same boat as me; please peruse my blog at uberrimafideslicindia.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment