Thursday 8 February 2024

Pensioners' Woes

 


This article, 'Pensioners' Woes' written by me, with my maiden name as my byline, was published in the 'Citizen' magazine of 'The Indian Express' on 20th June, 1996.

I'll scan the article and repost it here, as this page is slightly blurred.

This article sprang to my mind as my husband, a senior citizen and myself (fast approaching that milestone), (both of us don't get pension); have been facing a host of issues, mostly because of our forthrightness and honesty! 

Medical problems complete the picture!

It's a pity that nowadays, several people (including those who have been harassing us), don't swear by that age-old proverb that is way older than us:

                                                   "Honesty is the best policy." 

                                                       Does it even ring a bell?

No comments:

Post a Comment