Sunday 1 September 2013

To Dad, With Love



My friend, philosopher and guide
You are always there by my side
Between us there is nothing to hide
Life has been such a smooth ride!
At times a friend, at times a brother,
Even a mother, aren't you dear father?
Like you there can be none other
I can vouch for that, my dear father!
Easy-going and fun-loving you've always been
Principles and values like yours, I've never seen
Never strict even when I was a teen
Your countenance is ever so serene!
You always take things easily in your stride
By honesty, patience and faith you always abide.
You are the best father, I say with pride
Always my friend, philosopher and guide! *********************************************************************************** The copyright of this poem is with Mrs. Priya Ramesh Swaminathan

No comments:

Post a Comment