Sunday 15 September 2013

Guess who?

GUESS WHO ?
I help you sift the right from the wrong
One prick of mine does the trick
When deceit, greed, lust, vice come along
I’m always around to drop my brick!
Sometimes I’m subdued, sometimes overbearing
I’m respected by the God-fearing
Ignored by the power-seeking.
I’m shunned by the money-minded,
Loved by the righteous and virtuous,
Overlooked by the furious.
I’m always, mind you always, serious!
If you go ahead and err, I make you realize
And correct your actions, motives, attitudes.
I most certainly cut you down to size
Uncaring about any of your platitudes!
I try to make you a good person
When you see reason, my job is well-done.
Not known for my patience
I’m your conscience!!!
**************************************************************************************
The copyright of this poem is with Mrs. Priya Ramesh Swaminathan

No comments:

Post a Comment