Sunday 11 May 2014

Reminiscing about my dear Amma

Firstly, let me wish all of you, dear friends, "A very happy Mother's Day!" Indeed God created these wonderful and warm beings as he couldn't be everywhere, as was rightly observed by someone.
On a personal note, I would like to reminisce about my dear mother, Amma. Though she passed away recently, she still resides in our hearts and is as close to us; as when she was alive. The evening star that is visible from my window, is definitely my Amma, benignly and indulgently looking at me and granting me all my wishes.
I pray to the red hibiscus plant that I planted in her memory, daily; and request God to keep her very happy in Heaven. I also request my Amma to keep loving, supporting and blessing me all the while. Surely, my prayers are bearing fruit. I just need to keep up the good faith. Patience and perseverance are two qualities that were ingrained in me by my mother. Her generosity and sense of humor were also worth emulating.
I learned to work sincerely, without complaint; and fight against injustice fearlessly from her.
Indeed, we siblings wouldn't have been the same without the support, love and guidance of our parents. All our friends would envy the rapport that we shared with our parents. We could talk to both of them about any topic under the sun! They gave us a free rein to do anything that we desired and were very non-interfering.
My father is still our best friend, philosopher and guide. If my Amma would've been alive, she and Anna would've completed 50 years of happy married life. Nevertheless, 49 years is also a landmark, one that makes all of us proud.
Wish you a very happy Mother's Day, Amma. Be there for us, always. 
**********************************************************************************
The copyright of this write-up is with Mrs. Priya Ramesh Swaminathan.

No comments:

Post a Comment